Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LiveStrong.com

I don't pretend to be an authority on diet and exercise but this site has really helped me in the last couple years to stay organized and keep a tab on myself.

Live Strong is Lance Armstrong's website (I guess you would call it a 'lifestyle' website, I don't know).  Anyway, the main tool I use on it is the 'Daily Plate' which lets you keep track of the food you eat including all of the nutritional information.  It has an extensive database of food including prepackaged, fresh, and restaurant food. It also has nutritional information for recipes from many of my favorite chefs.

Live Strong has an amazing database of exercise activities which will calculate the amount of calories you've burned based on your age, weight, and activity level.  If you are trying to lose/maintain/gain weight, it has a tool which helps you calculate how many total calories you should consume on a daily basis to reach your goal.

For those of you who are crazy runners,  it also has a tool which will find running loops for you in your area.  I think it will show you distance, elevation gain, etc.  You can also look at loops other people in your area have run and rated.  I can't vouch for this tool since I've never used it :)

In the past few months Live Strong has implemented a somewhat annoying facebook-ish 'community'.  You can turn all of that off .

No comments:

Post a Comment