Sunday, November 14, 2010

I have a new office.


About a month ago I was moved into a new office*. It's bigger and has a window! I love it. The window looks out onto a 100+ year old oak tree. Beautiful. The weird thing is the office hasn't really been touched since Katrina. The desk had car keys, a sweater, and five year old gum in it. The filing cabinet has papers in it ranging from the '80's to 2005. It's like this weird Katrina shrine. I can't help thinking about the person who just left without having time to worry about her** car keys, etc. I'm just now throwing out the stuff in the filing cabinet, and it makes me a little sad.





*My original office had a wall that started caving in due to water damage. I had a new pile of dust on my office every morning.
**Yeah, that's right, I'm going with female pronouns. Deal with it. You've read my profile right?

No comments:

Post a Comment