Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hells bells.


Normally I'm a jeans kind of gal, but the nuns that run my school expect a certain standard in dress so jeans don't really cut it.  Last week I bought a new pair of khakis to teach in. Yesterday I wore them for the first time.

During my office hours I was grading some papers with a red permanent marker.  Are you picturing Cameron Diaz grading papers in Bad Teacher?  That's really not how I grade. Usually I use a nice friendly green pen (yeah, I'm one of those teachers).  The red marker was my only option at the time so I used it.

After putting the score on the FIRST paper, the marker inexplicably fell out of my hands and landed in my lap, leaving a red line I had to teach with for the rest of the day.  Are you friggin' kidding me?  The first paper? The first time I've worn the pants? It was a sign--DON'T GRADE RIGHT NOW (and get yourself a drink).

I figured there was no chance in hell I could get the stain out.  Well, I followed what my Google search told me to do, and it worked like a charm.

I thought I'd share the method for you:
1.  Put a paper towel behind the cloth so the stain doesn't bleed through to other cloth. (This is very important. This step wasn't included in my Google search, and I ended up with a second stain on the back of my pants.)
2.  Put some nail polish remover (with acetone) on the stain. Blot with a paper towel to pick up as much of the ink as possible.
3. Gently scrub with a tooth brush. 
4. Rinse and immediately saturate with liquid laundry detergent.
5. I let it set overnight.
6. Wash.

The stain is completely gone!


side note: For some reason, blogger published a few draft posts this morning,  sorry if it littered your readers with random, unfinished posts :(  I took them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment