Saturday, January 29, 2011

Makeup

It's been a while since I reviewed makeup.  Here are some of my picks for new makeup favorites in 2011. (drum roll please, lol)

Eyes:


1. Benefit Lemon Aid Eye Primer
I got a small pot of this as a sample and I really love it. Wear it as a primer for eye shadow or alone just to brighten the eye area.  I cannot stress what a miracle product makeup primer is.  I've noticed a few drugstore brands have started marketing primers and I'm intrigued.  Expect a review after I try them!

2. Bobbi Brown Smoldering Eye Palette
This is a versatile palette of eye makeup that can be used to create a ton of looks. The last color is a dark, shimmery purple color that can be applied wet or dry.  LOVE.

3. Maybelline Falsies Mascara

My friend D turned me on to this great mascara.  Truth be told, it took me a while to come around on it. It's a bit heavy so it's hard to keep your lashes curled with it. I've decided the best way to apply it is to not wiggle the wand.  (Many makeup artists tell you to wiggle the wand as you apply because it deposits more mascara at the base of your lashes- emphasizing the eye more.)  Once I changed my application method, I fell in love with this mascara.

Face:
4. Make Up For Ever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette  (No. 1)

Every concealer/corrector you could need in one palette. It even has a darker shade for sculpting, which I have no experience with,  but I'm now going to try. Make Up For Ever has 5 different palettes meant for different ethnicities.

Lips:
5. Laura Mercier Lip Glace
My brother and sister-in-law gave this to me as a gift, thanks guys!  I don't know the shade because I left it at school (boo!) but I will update this post as soon as  I can.  The color is very nice and subtle. I love the consistency of this gloss a lot.  Update: the color is Bare Beige!  Thanks G.

Miscellaneous:
6.  Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

This is an effective exfoliator, yet it's gentle enough to use everyday.  I by it at Sephora so I can get the jumbo size with the pump.

7. Philosophy Microdelivery Peel

I was so impressed with the microdelivery exfoliating wash, I decided to try this.  I use it about once a week and it has really helped clear up my skin.  It is a little strange, you use it in two steps. First, apply what they call vitamin C crystals  and massage for three minutes.  Second, put the "activator" on top of the crystals.  At this step you look like you have a face mask on and the crystals get really warm.  After a minute, rinse off and you're done.

8. Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask
I'm trying to grow my hair long.  Every time I've tried, I gave up at about shoulder-length because that's when the split-ends show up. This time I've been using this mask and my hair is as healthy as it has ever been.
I use it about three times a week on the ends of my hair.  It smells great and makes my hair super soft.

(btw, these are products I've been using for months-- they are tried and true in my opinion)

There you go!  My favorite products right now. What about you?  Any products you love?  Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment