Thursday, September 22, 2011

Without fail.

When I shop I'm not a person who likes to interact with people. I know, you're shocked.

Don't try to sell me anything,  I don't want anyone following me around--I'm what I'd call a "do-it-yourself" shopper.  This is why I shop at places like Sephora instead of Nordstrom's cosmetic counters.  I've usually done my research and I know exactly what I'm looking for. I go to stores where I can find it, buy it, and leave.  I find sales-people's "suggestions" for "other products I might love"  completely irritating, so I avoid those situations altogether. (Don't get me wrong, if I had the money to try random suggestions, I'm sure I would love them.)

Once in a while, however, I need help finding something.  I'm using Sephora here as an example, but this has happened to me many places.  Sephora has clerks milling around everywhere.  They usually ask you when you first walk in if you need help and if you say no, they'll let you be.

Unfortunately, by the time I realize I need help, I've already sent every clerk to hills which leaves me in the situation of trying to hunt one down. 

Every. Single. Time.  I pick the ONE undercover security guard that doesn't know anything about the products or where to find them. They always have to get on the walky-talky radio thingy and ask for help.  Immediately six real clerks are there to help me.

So, not only have I broken my no interaction with a clerk rule, I have now taken over every clerk's attention in the entire store.


Don't worry, the irony is not lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment